Sunday, August 31, 2008

When puberty hits like an exploding bag of rotten eggs..

My 15 year old brother, Tommy or Jihoon, is a darling little asshole that's driving me and my mom insane these days. We try to leave him alone as much as possible since he is "going through puberty" and we don't "wanna mess up his character." Zees is boooolsheet! I really don't wanna move out anytime soon because of money issues, but if my little baby brother doesn't get his shit together and start treating me and my mom like.. well mom and an older sister, I'll have to fucking move my ass out even if it means living in downtown Long Beach with rest of them crack whores.

My dad had planned this trip to Vegas or something over the weekend with me and my brother, but being the prat my brother is, he complained about how he doesn't want to go and how he'd rather spend what few days of summer he has left with his friends. The hell?! He sees his friends like everyday and we only see our dad like once a month! Of course, this hurts my dad. What hurt him even more, I think, is when my dad was one the phone with me, he came up with a plan to go to Vegas with just me, not my brother, and his friend and his friend's daughter. My mom overheard and was yelling with fury about how it's jacked up that my dad doesn't want to take my brother because he'd rather take his friend, which is not the case at all. And also the fact that I always choose church over meeting him on Sundays (can only meet him after 12 pm!) always pisses him off. So things aren't so great between me and my dad right now, but I'm sure he'll come around. Although, I have to admit that it worries me a bit how upset he was.


Also, what makes my day just so much better is that I found out who is going to be teaching the Japanese 301 class I'll be taking this semester - which starts next Tuesday BTW. Not the beloved Chinen-sensei that I know and love from my previous classes, but some gaijin, who is painfully flamboyant (although I really don't have anything against that). This is kind of shocking for me because um.. learning Japanese in a upper-division class taught by a white person is to say the least, weird. I mean, if some Asian professor with an Asian twang in his speech came in to teach in an upper-division English class, wouldn't you be weirded out too at first? I just hope that I'll get along with him like I did with Chinen-sensei. I'll miss being in her class though, that for sure.

On the lighter side of this blog entry, I watched The Bad Mother's Handbook with RPatz, and it was surprisingly good! The movie is about three generation of women all going through a crisis in their lives, and this includes pregnancy, finding out that one's adopted, and Alzheimer's. He doesn't play a big role, but pulls off the awkward, hopelessly romantic, passive geeky boy pretty well. What won me over was the stuff that he was wearing! Oh my god, this kid can pull off the whole dandy-boy look without looking too faggoty!

All his outfits were great until the very end when his wardrobe personnel decided to put him in this horrible tropic-like patterned shirt (bottom-right pic). This made me really really sad. Haha I hope two consecutive posts in a row about Robert Pattinson doesn't make me sound obsessed.. because I'm not! Really! Oh, and the Twilight Movie release date was moved thanks to Warner Bro's utterly retarded decision to move Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince to next summer. The movie (Twilight) should be out in Nov. 21 everywhere, weeee.

2 comments:

  1. oh monica I never knew you had a blog! You are hilarious I will be reading it...I still can't believe i'm gonna miss Twilight in the states!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha now you know!
    When you come back, we can bake delicious sweets and sit infront of Nate's HDTV and watch Twilight DVD that I'll most likely buy lol if not Christine will.

    Miss you :[

    ReplyDelete