I attended a soompi meet that my friend Nikki hosted yesterday. The meet consisted of Nisei Week & Tanabata Festival in Little Tokyo, Manna, and NRB(karaoke). I only got an hour of sleep the night before so I was kind of (really) tired during the whole thing, but it didn't stop me from dancing and singing in my dominatrix heels till 12am, awesome. I met so many interesting (to say the least) people and surprisingly made new friends, haha. I only say surprisingly because I'm so socially awkward most of the time with strangers, but maybe it was the mutual interest that held the group together that made me feel comfortable: K-pop.

one of those new friends, Nana
She's 16, a baby!! I felt super old when she told me her age.

fobbb
Honestly though, I've stayed away from K-pop for about 2 years or anything really fobby/Asian for some reason. It was when Ryo sent me メルト (3MMIX) that rekindled my love for Korean and Japanese media. Now I'm going to Chapman in about a week, a school that boasts 70% white student population, and to think that I'll be that 'really Asian girl' again makes me somewhat nostalgic of my high school days. We'll see how things play out when I move in though.

kingyo sukui with balls instead of actual goldfish.
I got three!

Nikki failing so hard at kingyo sukui
Actually, a huge crowd of people were present around her at the end because it was that funny. She was the main attraction of the day.
ATSUIIIIIIIII
awesome earrings, I want them.

chocolate mochi from Fugetsu-Do!

and this samurai group appeared out of no where
The festival itself was disappointing, or we just went at the wrong time. They did have people making okonomiyaki, yakisoba, and ika irori, which I couldn't eat since I wasn't feeling to well. I want to go back so I can buy eat them all. I wish I took more pictures but my camera died, like always.






ahh updated ! :D
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, im socially awkward too ~
but im glad i was comfortable being around a lot of you guys ^^
i just noticed my eyes are closed in almost all the pictures *0* omg i fail so bad....
Your picture in your outfit is so cute ~~
and Nikki trying her best but failing at kingyo-sukui is hilarious !! XD <3
Ahh we look so cute , that picture with Wei...
except as always i fail at pictures... you guys look so tall and sexaaay and i look...
teensy TwT *bangs head on table till forehead bleeds*
I agree those earings were hot ! Melting Chanel ;D
Too bad we didnt really get to enjoy a lot of the foods :( i'll drag you with me when there's other festivals !
btw, do you mind sending me the photos?
email:electro_hime@yahoo.com
or upload them somewhere like photobucket/flickr and give me the link to the album?
I'll properly credit you^^
you can just save these and use them??
ReplyDeleteor do you want bigger ones?